Who Gave You Your Independence? (84th edition)
While this really isn’t the 84th edition, I have written this list each year since 2006 I believe (on an older blog). So call this the 5th official edition.
Each year, I pay tribute to the certain individuals who helped provide a measure of independence for me in my business, or through their friendship.
Obviously, to those people who’ve become private clients… and of course you, the people who read my blog, you top the list. I appreciate each and every one of you…as without your support, this blog and my business doesn’t exist.
Without further ado…here is this year’s Independence Day list:
- Ryan Healy from http://www.ryanhealy.com . Ryan is a true friend, and his blog is a must-read for copywriters…period.
- A new addition to the list, Nathan Hangen from http://www.nathanhangen.com . I met Nate through his writing called “Claiming Your Destiny”, which is a report freely available on his blog.
- Andre Chaperon from http://affiliatebully.com . Andre is also a new addition to the list, a friend, and a VERY sharp marketer. I recommend you visit his site to gain a solid perspective of a content-first marketing approach.
- Peter Bowerman (aka The Well Fed Writer) from http://www.wellfedwriter.com . Peter is also a friend, fellow copywriter, and overall a marketer who proves that simple works best in marketing. You should check out Peter’s blog whether or not your a writer.
- The Late Gary Halbert from http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com. One of the all-time greatest direct marketers. Two hours on the phone with him changed my view of marketing forever. He shall probably remain on this list forever.
- John Carlton from http://www.john-carlton.com. The Marketing Rebel as he is known (also the most ripped off copywriter), much like Gary, will remain on this list…as his timeless lessons are continually reinforcing why I love this business so much.
- Seth Godin, from http://sethgodin.typepad.com (click on his head) whose timeless lessons pertaining to large-scale trends and communication will transcend all barriers. One important note about Seth is even though he produces thousands of blog posts, and travels all over, he still answers his email in a timely fashion. Someone we could all learn from.
- Linda Buquet, Founder of 5-Star Affiliate Forums. Linda simply enjoys helping people, a concept that seems forgotten now that people can hide behind a monitor. If you’re into affiliate marketing, I suggest you join her forum.
- Anyone else “on the list” that I may not have added here.
Of course, don’t forget the real reason we celebrate Independence Day here in the USA. I think we take for granted the real freedoms we are entitled to because certain individuals sacrificed. Don’t take that lightly…and have a safe and prosperous 4th of July, 2010 everyone.