It’s sad…but also good at the same time (for you)…
If you’ve been thinking about starting a business, now is the time to do it in my opinion.
Because your competition is placing themselves at a total disadvantage.
From what I’ve seen in continually analyzing marketing processes, customer “helpdesks” (more like help-less desks), and overall practices in online business in a general sense, you could have a distinct advantage if you just meet some rather simple criteria:
- You actually deliver on ALL of your promises. Not just some of them, not the biggest ones…but all promises made in your sales letters and marketing.
- You or a member of your staff reply to helpdesk inquiries (or any customer service inquiry), good or bad, with a solution or simple “thanks.”
- If you are going to fail to deliver (on anything), you let your customers know why, and what you’ll do to make things right.
- Have your entire product that you promise to deliver in your marketing material ready to deliver before you start marketing. Some “test markets” before they have a product ready to go to ensure sales success, I’m here to tell you there are other ways to test a market that are just as effective…the added bonus being you won’t fail to deliver.
- Prepare enough of your product to deliver to paying customers with special offers. A particular Internet Marketing print newsletter company once went through HUGE losses of time and energy (and profits) because they didn’t have enough to meet the need.
- Check your vendors out thoroughly to ensure they can deliver. The same particular Internet Marketing print newsletter company didn’t check out their delivery house thoroughly enough…and pissed off countless loyal customers with delivery issues. The least expensive option isn’t always the best option folks.
- Communication overall is VERY important, quit trying to hide. Instead of avoiding customer complaints, either refund and “fire” problem customers or address legitimate concerns head on…over-delivering in your solution and quit delivering the “cheapskate impression” (i.e. give a special bonus, discount, etc…as part of your solution).
- Make it easy for your customer to buy from you. Holy crap, this is a BIG one…quit trying to “lock down” your Internet business like Fort Knox. 98% of all people are honest, period. Quit acting like it’s the other way around…and make it easy for your customers to give you friggin’ money. If you’re guilty of this, you know who you are.
And on, and on…
If you allow your mind to expand on these ideas, and begin to think of ways to actually deliver value and help people, your profits will thank you (mine do).
It really does work…and no one ever said you had to do business so efficiently that some arbitrary “acceptable percentage of customers” had to suffer. And if you don’t believe business is conducted that way (especially online, where it’s easy to hide)…you need to take a look behind the scenes of businesses the way I have for only 90 days to discover this for yourself.
It’s sad, really fucking sad, that you can grow a business just by paying attention to your customers, and actually delivering on ALL of your promises…all of the time.
Until the next time we look in the mirror together,
P.S. By the way, if you would like to drastically increase your profits, and can repeatedly “look in the mirror” at yourself with my brand of “in your face” business growth coaching for online businesses…check out my JosephRatliff.com coaching page and join my A-List of clients today. It’s NOT cheap, but nothing that delivers exponential online profit increases is (small budgets need not apply).
Also, please keep in mind I’m usually booked 3 weeks to 4 months out…so please don’t be disappointed if you haven’t contacted me at the right time and “can’t get in the door”.