5 10 suggestions you can implement now while adding people to your circles in G+ (to encourage a possible “follow back”):
1) Share your posts (don’t make me have to add you to circles first to see what you’re sharing) — I like to see what kind of content you’re sharing.
2) Share interesting content — Personally, I like when people share more that just their own stuff…share interesting news, tips, or other content (even funny stuff).
3) If you’re part of an MLM, that’s cool…but don’t make every single post in your profile an advertisement why I should join your MLM.
4) Sharing some affiliate links is cool too…so long as you’re also sharing discussion and valuable content along with them.
5) Start a discussion or two (three, four, etc…). I like to read (and sometimes share) other people’s opinions on stuff.
6) Create more circles to establish “reading” channels of content and groups of people you specifically want to listen to. For example I have a “Writers” circle and a “Thought Leaders” circle which I add certain people to when I want to read content in those areas. Doesn’t work perfectly, but it segments content fairly well.
7) Don’t be afraid to “Block” those you don’t want in your circles, there are no laws stating you MUST follow back.
8. Share and +1 the “good stuff” in your opinion…frequently. You’ll attract the attention of other people who may add you to their circles when you do this.
9) Investigate the “Sparks” function of Google Plus. You can set up different streams of news stories from different topics while +1 and sharing those stories with your own circles.
10) Quit worrying about whether or not G+ is going to take over Facebook…use it while you can (hopefully long-term) and just have fun with it while it’s available. All the hype about this G+ thing is just that…hype from geeks (like me).
Let’s keep this Google + thing growing. Want to join my circles? Click here.